2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. I like to take this 10 minutes (sadly sometimes just 5 minutes if pressed for time) to think of everything that is going RIGHT and not wrong and to give thanks for what I do have…so many people have it worse.
3. Buy a DVR and record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to _______ today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2011.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six. There is so much wisdom to learn from people in their 60’s, 70’s, 80’s –take some time to take it all in. As far as kids go…try to remember what it was like to find everything so exciting and so new. We can learn a lot from kids!
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants!
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clean clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Ask, Believe, Receive. (And it WILL happen!)
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.. (Or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: “I am thankful for _________________. Today I accomplished _______________.
38. Remember you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door! It just doesn’t happen though on it’s own YOU NEED to stop thinking negative thoughts and focus on wishing good things in your lives and everyone around you!