*What Is Strength Training
Strength training is a type of physical exercise specializing in the use of resistance to induce muscular contraction which builds the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles.
When properly performed, strength training can provide significant functional benefits and improvement in overall health and well-being, including increased bone, muscle, tendon and ligament strength and toughness, improved joint function, reduced potential for injury, increased bone density, increased metabolism, improved cardiac function, and elevated HDL (“good”) cholesterol. Training commonly uses the technique of progressively increasing the force output of the muscle through incremental weight increases and uses a variety of exercises and types of equipment to target specific muscle groups. Strength training is primarily an anaerobic activity, although some proponents have adapted it to provide the benefits of aerobic exercise through circuit training.
Sports where strength training is central are bodybuilding, weightlifting, powerlifting, strongman, Highland games, shotput, discus throw, and javelin throw. Many other sports use strength training as part of their training regimen, notably american football, wrestling, rugby, track and field, rowing, lacrosse, basketball, poledancing (or polefitness) and hockey. Strength training for other sports and physical activities is becoming increasingly popular. wikepedia
*Here are 5 ways strength training will make you man up.
1. Confidence. The stronger you are, the more muscles you’ll have. The more muscles you have, the more calories you’ll burn. Strength training will build muscle while lowering your body fat. You’ll look & feel better.
What you achieve will inspire you in other areas of your life. Success breeds success. You’ll feel more confident about yourself & what you can do. And that’s the number one personality trait that defines men: confidence.
2. Testosterone. Strength training & weight lifting increases your testosterone levels. Increased testosterone means more muscles, a lower body fat and an increased libido. Testosterone is the Man hormone.
No need to buy fancy supplements to increase your testosterone levels. Just go to the gym & do a simple 3x30mins/week routine like StrongLifts 5×5.
3. Responsibility. You want money: work. You want girls: approach them. You want to build muscle & lose fat: pay your dues at the gym. Strength training teaches you to be responsible for your own future.
4. Hobby. Smoking pot, drinking beer, playing video games, … Those can all be fun, but they’re not rewarding in the long-term. Get a real hobby. Lift weights, build muscle, lose the belly, get stronger.
5. Cave-man. Exercise is substitute cave-man activity. – Mark Rippetoe.
Once you’re doing heavy sets of Squats & Deadlifts you’ll understand what Rippetoe means. Strength training will wake up something inside you. Something that in many people lies dormant: being a man. artofmanliness
*Why Do You Want High Testosterone
High testosterone levels block the production of high estrogen which leads to weight gain and water retention. Testosterone also acts as a fat burning substance which promotes weight loss. Testosterone also aids in the production of lean muscle tissue, your body will burn more calories with excess muscle because muscle is an active tissue and requires maintenance. livestrong