- Fluids account for 70% of your body, roughly two thirds of your mass is made of water. Keep drinking eve
ry hour because when you aren’t drinking enough your body will take it from parts of your body that is can tap into such as muscles and skin. When this happens you dry out basically and that causes inflammation which can cause many many other issues if you keep doing it over and over. Inflammation is what causes cancer and heart disease and brain diseases. One of the biggest signs and the most obvious sign that you are dehydrated is feeling sluggish and sleepy.
2. Salmon helps your skin as well as your heart. Dr. Perricone has stated his 3 Day Diet will give your skin a youthful glow before any important function you want to look your absolute best at. The Three-Day Nutritional Face-lift™ aids in the elimination of puffiness, increases contours, firms jaw line, etc. You must eat salmon twice a day for the ideal effects of the DMAE, astaxanthin and the essential fatty acids in the salmon to take effect. This will increase radiance, glow and firmness to the skin. Wild Alaskan Salmon is far superior to farm-raised salmon.
3. Probiotics help keep you young helping your inner ecosystem, teaming with healthy microflora (good bacteria and yeast, also known as probiotics) that reside in your intestines, keeping you healthy, strong…and yes, youthful. 70% of your immune system is concentrated in your gut and intestinal tract. Your body has three main ports of entry for microbacteria to get inside you (aside from skin lacerations or cuts) and those are your respiratory tract, your sexual tract, and your gastro intestinal tract. Eating and drinking is something we have to do everyday and is a much more productive source of bacteria entering our bodies on a daily basis. Always watch foods you eat and make sure to eat plenty of foods that have probiotics such as kefir, kombutcha, yogurt, things that are fermented and also many different supplemental daily shots of concentrated probiotics you can get at many grocery stores.
4. Prunes and Blueberries are the number one and two fruits with the highest levels of antioxidants. One of the biggest causes of skin ageing is attack by substances called free radicals, that break down healthy skin tissues. Antioxidants helps neutralise these free radicals before they can do any damage. Eat five to six prunes, or a small basket of blueberries, daily to get a great health boost.
5. Sun Protection is very important in staying youthful looking and in preventing cancer. You can look 20 younger than your age but what is it worth if you have skin cancer to deal with right.
6. Facial Moisturizing is a good rule of thumb for staying young looking and keeping wrinkles at bay. Below are skin types and recommendations for how to keep your face moisturized according to your skin type.
Oily: Look for lotions instead of creams. Find formulas that have exfoliating ingredients, such as lactic glycolic and salicylic acids.
Dry: Definitely find a cream, especially in the winter weather. There is more oil in a cream, therefore it is a thicker substance and more moisturizing. The greater the oil content, the better absorption through the skin barriers to hydrate the tissue.
Combination: The hardest skin type to find products for. Look for lotions with no acids, something bland such as Cetaphil, Cerave, Aveeno, Neutrogena, or Lubriderm.”
Normal: Put a very thin layer of ointment on at night, such as Aquaphor. This will help protect you against the forces of nature.
Below is a list of ingredients known for penetrating your skin with solid scientific back up.
Alpha-lipoic Acid is a very powerful antioxidant that helps prevent skin damage while reversing past damage, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Alpha-liopic acid is able to reach all parts of the cell because it is both water and oil soluble. Alpha-lipoc acid can help soften fine lines and give skin a youthful glow. It also enhances the antioxidants contained in other vitamins like vitamin C .
Anti-Aging Creams that contain vitamin C or ascorbic acid may promote collagen production, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). Topical vitamin C products may help improve skin firmness, diminish wrinkles and help soften the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid is sometimes found in ant-aging products that also contain vitamin C to help the product penetrate the skin, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that helps lubricate and cushion the skin and other tissues. As you age hyaluronic acid is gradually destroyed. Products that contain hyaluronic acid are generally used to soften wrinkles.
Copper Peptides can help stimulate collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid production, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Copper is a trace element contained in every cell. In topical products, it’s mixed with tiny protein fragments known as peptides. Copper peptides can help soften and tightening skin often in a more timely manner than other skin care products.
Tretinoin is brand name Retin-A, is a derivative of vitamin A and prescription only. Tretinoin is the only topical treatment approved by the FDA to reverse sun damage or photoaging, according to the UMMC. Tretinoin can stimulate collagen production and reduce skin roughness, wrinkles and age spots. It can take several months to notice the effects of tretinoin.
Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids exfoliate the skin and clear away the upper layer of old, dead skin, according to the MayoClinic.com. Products that contain glycolic and salicylic acid can encourage the growth of smooth, evenly-colored skin.
7. Exfoliate Twice A Week | Mask Once A Week
8. Massage and Facial Exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. It has been suggested that facial exercises can actually help stimulate collagen production and increase blood flow to our skin which will soften the appearance of those darned lines.
9. Sugar should be cut out as much as possible. Sugar actually causes skin sagging and wrinkles by increasing glycation, a process where sugar in your bloodstream attaches to proteins (most notably collagen and elastin) and damages them, which causes skin degradation. Most processed foods have a disproportionately high amount of sugar.At blame is a natural process that’s known as glycation, in which the sugar in your bloodstream attaches to proteins to form harmful new molecules called advanced glycation end products (or, appropriately, AGEs for short). The more sugar you eat, the more AGEs you develop. “As AGEs accumulate, they damage adjacent proteins in a domino-like fashion,” explains Fredric Brandt, MD, a dermatologist in private practice in Miami and New York City and author of 10 Minutes 10 Years. Most vulnerable to damage: collagen and elastin, the protein fibers that keep skin firm and elastic. In fact, collagen is the most prevalent protein in the body. Once damaged, springy and resilient collagen and elastin become dry and brittle, leading to wrinkles and sagging. These aging effects start at about age 35 and increase rapidly after that, according to a study published in the British Journal of Dermatology.
10. Meditation is one of of the few stressless practices in the world that can truly rejuvenate your skin, transforming all your cells and tissues. The effect of meditation, when practiced properly and consistently, is like an anti-aging pill that cleanses your skin and physical rejuvenates your complexion.
Meditation is natural skin care par excellence.
Meditation, which teaches you how to rest your mind, thereby causes the vital energies within your body to become unleashed and blossom in full flower. These “chi” energies traverse all the cells and tissues of your skin and slowly flood them with vitality, bathing them with life essence. The masters of various spiritual traditions — and especially the Chinese Taoists since they’ve focused on creating techniques that youthen your physical body — have come to the conclusion that meditation is the best way to heal disease, defeat aging and help you look your very best, including rejuvenating your skin to maximum beauty.
Try using all ten of these tips for 30 days. Make it a priority and you will see a difference in your skin. Wrinkle reduction, skin tone, energy, and reversal of aging will be visible. People will notice a difference in your skin but don’t let them know you are doing anything right away. Simply let them tell you themselves as proof that this regimen works. I hope to hear some of these great changes and some of the feedback once you have given it a go. You are a ✪.